Saturday, August 19, 2006

jen's step-dad's 50th birthday

Jen and her family threw her step father a surprise 50th birthday party last night. Anne and I were invited for moral support with Dave and Shannon and her boyfriend (?) Jason. I had never met Jason before and he seemed like a nice enough character.

The party was on a boat and there was open bar, so of course a good time was had. I enjoyed a few drinks and hot dogs and hamburgers. Anne enjoyed a few of Shannon's drinks - she never finished hers - and the music (a bit too much I may add). The boat cruised up and down the Hudson River. We got to see West Point from the river side and the sunset was very nice as well!

Please note that in the picture I am neither Anne or Shannon and Jen is not Dave S as our name tags indicate. Please also note that the picture was taken after much wind-blowing had occurred and I accept no responsibility for my hair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure have a lot of excuses ready for your conduct and appearance at that party... I think someone is guilty of something... ;)

David Campbell said...

Yes well when Anne was taking the picture, she wanted us to move closer to "show that we were friends." So I did what you would normally do in that instance and I puckered up to give her a kiss (on the cheek). Of course Jen didn't go for that so she pulled back and Anne corrected me... "not that kind of friend." Of course, the second attempt was no better - I just stuck out my tongue as she neared.

They were thuroughly irritated (and probably disgusted), so I just smiled for the camera to be done with it.