Sunday, June 15, 2008

closing jitters

We didn’t close last week as we had hoped. To make a long story short, the necessary work wasn’t completed in time to beat the seller’s lawyer’s vacation. So now we have a scheduled closing date for the day after his return: June 20.

Anne and I are becoming very anxious. It’s only a short time away, but we’ve been living in boxes for over a month now. I believe we have over 70 packed boxes! I’ve also been recruiting help. If you’re interested in helping please let me know! I even recruited some of the scout families to help out!

My dad and I were talking on the phone last night. He’s had a chance to see the house twice now and we’ve come to the conclusion that some of the bushes and trees are encroaching on the house. Somehow when he offered to cut down the (what I consider to be) large pine tree touching the back of the house, I gasped. I’ve never had to decide if a tree should be cut down! That’s something homeowners do! It was an awkward discussion that I think we’ll have to continue once I can see that tree again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh fun times! You should learn how to drop the tree yourself... definintely a good experience. :)

No worries on the closing, I'm sure you guys are going to be very happy in your new home. Have to say, we're a little jealous! We're beginning to seriously look at homes right now. I have one in mind that I need to go check out this week. Then we need to figure out if we want a private buyer-broker or just go through the real estate agencies.

David Campbell said...

I think I'll be around when my dad drops the tree. I'm a little worried since it's not a small tree and the neighbor's driveway is nearby! The last thing I'd want is it falling on the guy's truck.