Monday, June 02, 2008

Closing next week?

We got an unexpected phone call from the seller of the house we’re buying. Apparently our meeting last week convinced her to move along on the closing date. We could be closing as soon as next week!

It sounds like a lot of things will be left behind in the house and some cleaning will be necessary. I’ll take that trade-off compared to getting into the house later and it being cleaner.

I had a number of family members, friends, and colleagues volunteer their services recently. Now I’m hoping that people are actually interested in helping out! We’ll probably hold a painting party sometime after closing. And I’m not sure if we’ll stick to our original moving weekend (June 21-22) or push it out a week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

See how people are jumping to help out? We need more incentive...

David Campbell said...

I think the lack of response is more a comment about my readership than a statement about us moving.

Unknown said...

Foster reads. That should count for something.