Wednesday, November 24, 2004

BCS @ RPI

I got to see the Brick City Singers in action this past weekend. They were on a road trip to Cornell and RPI. I treked the 2 hours in sleet and rain to Albany- a city I still hate- to see them sing with a billion other groups. At least it felt like a billion.

RPI Partial Credit is a relatively new group and was hosting the Chorallaries of MIT, SUNY Bighamton Harpur Harpeggios, another group from Cornell I can't think of (and I'm sure Tom will remind me about once he reads this) , and the Brick City Singers. Now some of you may be thinking, "Wow! That's a big show!" Yes it was. Too big.

The guys did real well. In fact, I'd say they were one of the bigger highlights. I'm not biased or anything either ;-) It was a disappointment that the hosting group didn't perform at the same level of their guests.

So once the show concluded I heard sighs of relief around me and Nate, who had sat with me at the show had to leave. I was the (un)lucky one who decided to stay and check out the (not) super party that took place afterward. Seriously, who throws a party for 5 a cappella groups with one bottle of absolut and a few 12 packs of beer?!? They didn't even know how to make the punch! Regan had to pour for them. (Tom mentioned the group didn't feed them either. He suggested a "concert planning etiquete guide" would be well penned by yours truly) It was great to see the guys even though they didn't stay very long. They all split up, some leaving for RIT, others for home. Tom, Aaron, Brendon, Brian and I endured the party for a while longer and I eventually decided to leave. *sigh*

I drove over to Utica and hung out with Anne for Sunday. It was fun. Except for recieving yet another parking ticket from another university. We discussed wedding plans and guest lists and gowns and tuxedos and flowers and first dance songs and dates and locations. Nothing was decided though... just discussed :-P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think that's a big show? Well it is. Which worries me. Why? you ask. We're going to RPI this Friday to sing with the Rensellyrics, along with ourselves, Brandeis' VoiceMale, WPI's Interstate 8, WPI's Simple Harmonic Motion, and some hgigh school group. Big.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I have been lax in my duties. It was the Cornell Chordials.

-Tom

Anonymous said...

Dear Strong Bad,
how do you type with those boxi.... wait a second... this isnt any Strong Bad emails... im outa' here!