Saturday, February 05, 2005

almost hit a deer

Short story...

I almost hit a deer tonight! I was coming home around 1am from Montgomery where I was visiting my family. It was obviously dark and the road is twisty and windy. The road is notorious for deer because there are woods on either side of the entire road. The posted speed limit is 55mph, but I was doing 65 - 70.

Now even though I was speeding, I pay careful attention in front of me... always scanning for deer and other animals. I happen to catch one on the right side of the road a ways off and hit the brakes. My car was still going 25mph when I went by it, but I went along my way and it went about its.

Just as I was about to start pouring on the gas again, I saw a young deer right in the middle of the road. I easily avoided it because I was moving slowly and the deer had plenty of time to get off the road before I reached it. However if I was still moving 65 - 70 I probably would have hit it. That would have been bad for all parties: me, my car, and the deer.

Anyway, not much more to that story than that! I had a good two days in New Jersey at work. My company is moving into a new building which is very nice. And the meetings we've had yesterday and today have been quite productive. Needless to say I've got a full plate now. But that's fine because it'll pay the bills.

No comments: